Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Meet my friend Bret Martin



Around five months ago, i came to know this Youtube user named ClevonAmerica. I have been watching many of his videos. I was touched about what he had to say about Islam. He is not a Muslim, though he believes in a God. His name is Bret Martin.

Bret really inspired me to look deep into my self. He actually made me think about how i as a Muslim should react towards other people of other faiths. He said that Islam is such a beautifull religion, but sadly many Muslims dont want to show it and tell it to the world.

Through his videos, you will also learn about his past experiences. Bret is a colon cancer survivor. He had a ileostomy that was later reversed. He said his cancer saved his life because it woke him up from the deep coma he in was in for so many years. I could kind of relate to the things he says because i also feel like i just woke up from my comma a year ago. He now is happily marrid with five children. Two of them are adopted. The recent one is from Ethiopia!

I always pray and hope that one day Bret will become a Muslim because though he does not know it yet, i'm sure deep down inside he knows that Islam is the religion for all mankind.

Several quotes i'll never forget he said is that, "When you judge people, don't judge them with a broad brush because you are going to effect other people who are innocent together with that brush." and "Remember every person is their individual soul, their individual mind"

Thanks Bret for your friendship and you beautifull kind words. You will always be my inspiration. May you find true peace and may we meet in Jannah someday insyaAllah. =)

No comments: